Making Your Home a Healthy Home
“A healthy home is a home designed, constructed, maintained or rehabilitated in a manner that supports the health of its residents.”
- National Center for Healthy Housing
There are many things that directly affect a person’s health on a daily basis. The home in which we live can be one of the biggest influences. Conditions in our homes can cause or contribute to many health conditions. Housing related health hazards can impact persons of every age group, especially children, the elderly and those who are chronically ill. Since so much time is spent in and around the home, it is important to address any hazards that exist inside and out.
Read on to find out what you can do to reduce the hazards in your home, and make for a healthier living environment for you and your family.
Good Health Begins at Home:
- Room by room health and safety information and checklists.
- Good Health begins at Home Video
- Healthy Housing Inspection Manual
- Help Yourself to a Healthy Home
- Healthy Homes Strategic Plan
- Healthy Homes Maintenance Checklist
- Steps for Creating a Healthier Home
- Home Fire Safety Tips
- Lead Safe Orange
- Consumer Product Safety Commission's Safety Tips & Recalls
- CPSC’s Top Five Hidden Home Hazards
- Printable Top 5 Hidden Home Hazards Poster
Communities nationwide are recognizing the critical link between the way we design and build our communities and our physical and mental health.
The following links provide information on healthy community design and its many health benefits: