Everyone can benefit from being physically active. Physical activity is a huge part of a healthy lifestyle. Being active has positive impacts on your physical and mental health. Being active is easier than you think! You can find small ways to fit activity in throughout the day that add up in big payoffs.
Adults need 30 minutes of activity per day. Children need regular opportunities for physical activity for strong bodies, good health and well-being: 60 minutes a day is the goal!
Strive to provide children with a variety of opportunities to stay active throughout the seasons. Playing with your child is a great chance to spend time together and will let your child know you value physical activity. Activity keeps you in shape too! See these links for tips on keeping your family active…
www.fitness.gov and www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity
Five Reasons to Start Today!
- For a healthy body and mind, adults need 30 and children need 60 minutes of activity each day.
- Keeping active helps to build muscles, strengthen bones, and maintain a healthy weight.
- Activity reduces your family’s risk of diabetes, heart attack and high blood pressure.
- Active kids are more confident and may perform better in school.
- You are the greatest example for your child. Stay active and get your family off to a great start!
Stay active as a family. There are many beautiful outdoor areas and parks in Orange County where families can bike, walk, hike, and explore nature. Check out our local parks and facilities at www.orangecountynyparks.com.
Seek out other sport activities and programs that are offered at your local school and recreation department. Browse our calendar of events »
Need ideas and tips on keeping your family active? Visit these websites: